59% of online sales from U.S. shoppers are from mobile purchases last BFCM 2023.
From this, it’s a strong indicator that shopping activities done through mobile will surpass desktop.
🔮 Based on this, Practical Ecommerce predicts that mobile shopping will surpass desktop this yuletide season. So the question is: how can you leverage this and what does this mean for you?
- Impending mobile domination: More shoppers will start their buying journey on a mobile app (Amazon, TikTok, Instagram, etc.) instead of desktop search engines. You can either develop your own mobile app (if you don't have one yet) or hitch a ride on top ecommerce apps to showcase your brand.
- Conversion challenge: Although mobile devices drive high traffic and exposure, they lag in conversion rate. As per Adobe Analytics, mobile only accounted for 3.2% of conversions, lower than desktops' 6.5%. So, be strategic when launching mobile ads.
- Low average order value: Purchases via mobile have fewer items per order. On average, U.S. consumers take home 2.6 to 2.9 items via smartphones and 3.2 to 3.9 items on desktops. One way around this is to offer bundles or coupons exclusive for mobile purchases.
📱 Mobile domination = mobile optimization
Excited to try mobile commerce? There's one more thing you should know—how to optimize for mobile. Otherwise, you would just be wasting investments and time.
Remember, the goal is to bridge the gap between mobile use and desktop performance to give customers a top-notch shopping experience. So, before you hop on to this trend, look for informative sources to guide you in selecting and creating your mobile commerce strategies.
TOGETHER WITH SELLER ALLIANCE
How to grow your network as an Amazon seller
Selling on Amazon can be challenging. Sometimes, you just wish for someone to guide you instead of just watching tutorials on your own on YouTube. With the complexities of the world’s largest ecommerce platform, one thing is clear—you need help. Building a strong network is essential for success.
🤔 A network of ecommerce experts can give you:
- Increased sales opportunities. Collaborating with other entrepreneurs and marketers in joint marketing efforts helps you expand your customer reach and boost sales.
- Access to resources. A network can give you access to additional resources you need for selling online. These include financing lessons, FBA support, software solutions, and more.
- Mentorship and guidance. A network can offer you quick advice and assistance when you encounter challenges in selling, like account suspensions and low SEO rankings.
🤝 Now, let’s get started in growing your network. Supercharge your efforts with the following tips:
- Join seller forums. Find helpful Amazon community spaces where you can ask and share information with other Amazon sellers and marketing experts.
- Attend conferences. You’ll meet your potential partners, suppliers, and experienced sellers at e-commerce conferences and trade shows.
- Partner with an agency. Aside from offering comprehensive account management services, agencies can introduce you to valuable contacts and resources within Amazon.
- Sign up with seller organizations. Tick all those boxes when you sign up with a seller organization. Get unlimited support from the best people in ecommerce and see your business skyrocket.
Ready to expand your reach while growing your Amazon business? Join the Seller Alliance community and get 50% off your first three months with code: ALLIANCE50
BITES OF THE WEEK
- Value-based: Google released a guide to test value-based bidding for your ad campaigns.
- Temu Bowl: ICYDK, Temu committed to buying ad units in the next Super Bowl.
- Instagram Updates: Here are the Instagram updates you need to know.
- Battle of the Year: Amazon announced a series of updates that could challenge Google and Microsoft.
Marketing trends to try and avoid in 2024
Keeping an eye on emerging marketing trends is crucial in building a strong business strategy for the coming year. To help you search for the best ones to try in 2024, SmartCompany gives a rundown of some important marketing must-knows:
🔥 What’s hot?
- TikTok advertising. Even before the debut of TikTok Shop, TikTok has been steadily impacting marketers through its unique approach to pop culture. Brands are taking advantage of the platform to leverage short-form videos and social commerce.
- Advertainment. As the love child of advertising and entertainment, this trend dictates that ads must be equally engaging and entertaining. For example, try creating a short film about your products to capture attention and introduce your brand identity at the same time.
- Ethical marketing. It’s not just about sustainability; consumers want transparency, respect, and accountability. So, when you feel an urge to exaggerate what your products do or offer—don’t.
❌ What’s not?
- Emotional ad messages. They might have been a hit during the pandemic, but it's about "what's in it" for customers now. Highlight the added values of your offers—savings, trendiness, bragging rights—everything that makes your items stand out.
- All-eggs-in-one-basket approach. More and more brands are diversifying their marketing channels to maximize their reach. You should, too, especially if you have the resources.
Now that we’ve spilled the beans, one question remains: How will you use this to launch kick-ass marketing campaigns in 2024?
Feel free to share your ideas by replying to this email! 📩
Kick-start your mobile commerce journey with Amazon Inspire
Of course, we’re not gonna keep you hanging by revealing the hottest trends and not giving an example of how to keep up with them! Let’s not look far, though—SellerApp says you can use Amazon Inspire as a stepping stone to the mobile commerce game.
💫 Amazon Inspire is an in-app shopping feed personalized with shoppable photos and videos. Think of it as Amazon’s For You Page (FYP) for shoppers that gives you:
- Enhanced visibility and, therefore, higher sales potential
- Customized brand communication to reach buyers at a deeper level
- Spotlight-level exposure to showcase your product’s benefits
- Chance to provide a streamlined shopping experience to your customers
To try this strategy, here’s how to upload content directly from the Amazon mobile app:
- Open the Amazon shopping app on your mobile device.
- Click the light bulb icon in the bottom navigation bar.
- Click the “+” button in the upper-right corner to start uploading. You can choose from different options, such as Posts (video and photo), Idea Lists, and Live Video (iOS only).
- For Posts, select the Video option.
- After you upload the content, tap Choose to go to the page where you can tag the products shown in your video.
- Once you’re satisfied with the setup, click Done.
- Lastly, add a title for your content (up to 80 characters) and tap Submit Post.
Pro tip: Use Creator Hub to upload videos in bulk (up to 15 videos simultaneously).
📍 Do note that all posts are subject to moderation and approval. So, before anything else, check Amazon Inspire’s recommendations and rules for a smooth inspiring experience.