Technology, especially AI, has made filling the gap between in-store and online selling easier. For starters, there's the perk of streamlined selling workflows and automated customer service that simplify sellers' lives.
Forbes gives a few more examples of how technology empowers ecommerce, as well as how to leverage the rising AI-powered retail trends:
👍 Immersive retail experience
By combining AI with immersive technologies like augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR), you can easily “convert clicks into experience." For example, you can mimic the interactive experience physical stores offer for that retail therapy feel.
How to leverage it: Use AI chatbots and virtual assistants for product visualization. Tip: Check out Nike's Nike By You for inspiration.
📦 Better product and inventory management
What was envisioned by kids has now turned into reality—robots doing things for humans. Retail giants like Amazon and Walmart have recruited the help of such friendly machines to manage the production, storage, and fulfillment of products more efficiently.
How to leverage it: Let robots do the brunt of your inventory and supply chain management.
🏹 Unique and personalized marketing
The key to creating the best marketing strategies is to know your audience. It's a good thing AI is like a tireless assistant that can quickly analyze customer trends to help you build personalized campaigns to capture attention!
How to leverage it: Automate the scaling of your marketing efforts through AI-powered tools.
But first …
Research each trend and technology to determine which aligns with your brand's goals and capacity. And don't forget to upskill your team to smoothly ease in any future changes you plan to introduce.
Share your brand story with a community of sellers
Are you looking forward to gaining brand visibility? Did you find inspiration in other sellers and want to be an inspiration to some as well?
SellerBites is the perfect place for you to do it! Plus, you’ll get additional visibility among our subscribers!
Your story is the currency here. Trust us, it's worth its weight in gold.
- Pour your heart out. We want the real deal when you decide to share your brand journey. The highs, the "aha" moments, and the times that made you question everything—both the good and the bad. This is your chance to be real and relatable.
- Inspire us. Whether your goal is to reach the masses or just touch one person's heart, let your story be a beacon of inspiration. Your journey might be the nudge someone out there needs to kick-start their adventure.
Ready to put your brand in the spotlight?
If you're nodding your head, thinking, "Yep, my story is worth it," then let's make it happen! Hit the magic button and let your brand story be heard. Remember, your story can make waves, no matter how big or small.
The secret to using spelling mistakes to create engaging marketing copy
Since the rise of AI writing assistants, marketers have been competing for the "Best in Copywriting" award. But did you know the occasional spelling 'mistake' could actually be your way to snatching the higher "Best in Marketing" award?
Intrigued? Here's what you need to know about how imperfections become the perfect marketing strategy:
🙋 Made by humans for humans
It's fairly simple: marketers prove their content is written by a person by adding typos. Not only does this make brands relatable, but it also adds a dash of fun and humor that breaks the monotony of "perfect" phrases.
However, adding too much can cost you your credibility. So, here are a few tips to keep in mind if you want to try this tactic:
- Use them sparingly to avoid looking unprofessional and sloppy.
- Add them to the right content. Note that some marketing content, such as your website copy, contracts, and infographics, shouldn't have typos. But feel free to sprinkle some in informal creatives like social media posts, personalized emails, and blog posts.
- Take note of generational slang terms. While "accidental misspellings" can add a creative twist, you shouldn't risk offending some customers. The younger internet nomads are known for intentional misspellings (Ex. "He protec but he also atac"), but older audiences may be limited to casual typos and puns. 👀
Bonus tip: A/B test your content
This unconventional strategy might be worth trying, but you still need to identify which copy will click. In short, you must experiment, test, measure, and repeat to create the most stand-out version in this seemingly perfect AI world.
BITES OF THE WEEK
- Seller Benchmarks: Interested in selling your brand? Here’s how brand buyers evaluate Amazon brands.
- Targeting Target: Amazon copies Target's strategy of leveraging celebrity partnerships to endorse in-house brands.
- Social Commerce: Social media is the new shopping mall, and businesses are taking note.
- AI Market: FYI, the market value for generative AI is projected to reach $126.5 billion.
5 ways to use social commerce to boost your holiday sales
According to a recent survey, 53% of U.S. shoppers are tightening their purse strings over the holidays. At the same time, 26% plan to limit their holiday spending due to rising prices and debts.
So, how can you thrive this holiday season?
🌐 Retail Touchpoints suggests harnessing the power of social commerce in 5 ways:
- Load up on user-generated content (UGC) and reviews. 73% of shoppers say authentic feedback increases their purchasing confidence. Hence, it’s time to collect fresh, genuine content and comments from your audience to bag some holiday sales!
- Supercharge your social channels. We’re talking about turning those collected UGC and reviews into snappy social content for Instagram Reels, Snapchat Stories, TikTok ads, etc.
- Go shoppable. Make your products a tap away by using shoppable links on top platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Try live selling, which is great for exclusive or high-ticket sales. Better if you can also enlist influencers for direct connections.
- Track and optimize your social sales metrics to make timely adjustments (when needed). This can help you polish your future campaigns for constant improvement.
Should you dive into social commerce now?
That is, if you want a cost-effective, no-fuss way to drive your sales not just for the holidays but all year round! And ICYDK, global social commerce is set to hit $1.2 trillion by 2025; you’re definitely on the right track to ecommerce success by doing so. 🎉